Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Getting ready for the next adventure

In a week I will be heading out to Squaw Valley for Labor Day and then heading to Astoria, Oregon the week after to start my next bike ride.  It will be 23 day trek down the Pacific Coast Highway with a total mileage of around 1400 miles.

Ride the West Tour

I will be using the America by Bicycle company again.  Last year when I rode the Santa Fe trail we camped the entire way.  The hell with that - I am going back to hotels!  Real beds and no bugs (hopefully).

My goal is to blog again - should be a hell of a lot easier having electricity and WiFi at each stop.

We are scheduled to ride about 65 miles per day.  This is the perfect amount of riding.

a.png

When we rode cross country - we averaged about 80 miles a day - with a lot of back-to-back 90-100 mile days.  By the time you  got your luggage, registered, cleaned your bike and took a shower it was time for dinner and then bed.

I think I am in shape for the ride having put in about 2500 miles since May .  Got the miles but not the elevation as training on the Cape does not help prepare you for the hills. So I am looking forward to getting out to Squaw and hitting the passes.  There are a couple of good 3000-4000 foot climbs that should help me cap off my training.

So hopefully you will follow along..  For those that signed up for either of the last two tours I think your email is still registered.  For you nubbies....  add your email into the box on the top right corner of the blog.

The adventure starts September 12th.







No comments: