Friday, April 19, 2013

Banjo Bag

Well my Banjo Bag that goes under my seat has shown up.  I sure hope it is big enough!  Here is my plan.  On good days where I don't plan on carrying any rain gear I will use my regular-sized rear seat pack.  Its got a quick release so it's easy to put on and take off.  The plan is to carry my tools, tube, all in one tool, patch kit, etc in my regular bag.

On cold or potentially raining days, I will switch out my regular bag and install the Banjo Bag.  This will allow me to carry my tools (see above) as well as my rain gear and/or vest or windbreaker.  Hopefully I won't need to do this switch too often.  The Banjo Bag attaches via Velcro so I won't have to take off my regular bag's quick release from under the seat.  I am a little worried about the Banjo Bag swaying when climbing - but hopefully the Velcro straps will prevent this.  Worst case is I will get one or two small bungee cords to lock the bag down.

Once my new rain gear arrives I will stuff the bag and post the bag loaded on my bike.

In the interim here is a review of the bag I found on the web..


Well as noted above, my bag finally arrived and I have just installed it on my bike - fully loaded.  Here are some pictures.  Fully loaded it contains....

rain jacket
rain pants
little lock (not sure I am bringing this)
All-in-one tool
tube
emergency butt-creme (ya never know when you are going to need some)
little stuff (chain link, patch kit, duck tape, etc)


There was still room and if I needed to - I think I could also include my shoe rain covers and rain gloves.   And worst case, I could attach one of these items on the top of the bag as it has a loop that you can attached using a tie down on.

Seems like the right decision.

No comments: