Saturday, May 11, 2013

How to reach me!!!

I just got a list of the hotels we are going to stay in each night on the trip - in paper form.  I think it is important that a bunch of people have the ability to reach me in case of emergencies and I can't imagine me printing out the hotel list and mailing it to each of my "reach parties".

To solve this problem I have created a Google Calendar that includes for each day of the trip - the name of the hotel we are staying in, the city, the phone number and mailing address of the hotel.  Here is a sample for June 16th:












The calendar has been created with public viewing access and can be reached with the following web link.  (Ed. Note: the calendar looks blank until June 16, the start of the ride and the first night in a hotel).


What is even better is that if I get lost on the ride, I can use this calendar to "Google" directions from my iPhone simply by clicking on address listed for each hotel.  This should help my fellow riders as well.




No comments: