Friday, May 10, 2013

Kink in my training schedule


Fell off a ladder last week and got rushed to the hospital.  This is always an experience living at the outer most end of Cape Cod.  Our closest hospital is 50 miles away and the only road to the hospital is a two lane highway with no passing allowed.    Thank god for ambulances, flashing lights and sirens.

Luckily I did not break anything but had to stay overnight for observation.  Unfortunately I lost a key week of training as I was just getting the daily mileage up to the right range (50-60 miles).  Oh well it could have been worst -  I could have broken something and had to scratch the ride.

Back to square one on the training plan....




One good thing ....wife has forbade me to paint the house - so one less item on the "to do list" before the ride.

No comments: