Friday, September 5, 2014

Start minus one day

Well - not a big art gallery guy - so today I decided to go "local".  Started with a haircut at the local barber shop.  Used Google to find it - was a little sketching when I arrived on my bike.  Probably the bars on the door got me a little concerned.



In any case a classic barbershop.


Now I love barbershops but this one takes the cake.

My favorites are Monument Barbershop in Provincetown and the barbershop in the center of Truckee, CA. Got to say the Truckee Barbershop is the best - they always have a keg of beer from one of the local breweries on tap for the customers.

But I digress... back to Santa Fe....

Now the reason us guys still like barbershops is that they still use straight razors.  Nothing better than a full shave with a straight razor.  Now I bring this up because I am sitting waiting for my turn when I see the barber start using the straight razor on the guy in the chair and he is having a hard time seeing.

Appears his eyeglass prescription is out of date and he has to lift up the glasses in order to see where he is cutting.  Did not instill a lot if confidence and all I could think of was Sweeney Todd.

So when it gets to be my turn I decide to go the simple route and just have him use the straight razor to touch up around the neck.  I am a chicken ass!

After that several of us decided to do another quick ride around town.  Rode with a retired state trooper from Ohio and his friend a retired banker.  We were doing great until Kyle (trooper) got a flat and took us off our game.  But we were able to repair and still got in a nice clean 25 miler.



Now be prepared in future blog updates....  Cathryn has asked me to get more personal information this year about each of the riders.

So I have prepared a 20 page questionnaire that I am going to hand out to each rider.   Should help me get all the personal information that we guys never talk about when we are riding (e.g. where are you from? married? any children? how old?  and of course, how are you feeling today?).  So by the end of the ride I will know everything there is to know about my fellow riders.

Well that's it for today.  Blogging from the laundry at the hotel (last day before camping) and just realized that for the last 40 minutes I put my wash in the dryer.  Now I have hot smelling clothes.  Worst I put one of those liquid laundry pods in with my clothes - what a freaking hot, smelling mess.

Oh well.  Check in tomorrow.


No comments: