Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sunny with a Chance of Meatballs

Heading to Santa Fe for the start of the ride.

Not a very good start. My Boston to Santa Fe plane was delayed 3 hours and I was at risk of missing my connection in Dallas.  Luckily I was able to get on an earlier flight to Dallas.  Thank good for being an American Platinum member for life.  Made those 2 million miles worth of painful rides worth it (for once).

I was pretty pumped about the camping part of the trip until I check the upcoming weather in Santa Fe.  T-storms on the horizon!!   As for the ride itself I can deal with the rain  - but the wet pavement, wind, thunder and lightning is another thing all together.

As for camping -  there is nothing worst than a soggy, wet sleeping bag.  Get it wet at the beginning of the ride and the dampness will linger for the entire trip.  I am now officially a total wimp.  Guess Cathryn was right - hotels are the only way to rough it.

The good thing is the ride starts on Sunday so hopefully by Tuesday the good weather that the area has been enjoying for the entire summer returns.  Now if we could only figure out how to get this rain to head back to California where we need it!

Sat

Sep 6

Scattered T-Storms
73°
56°
Scattered T-Storms

SunSep 7

Scattered T-Storms
72°
56°
Scattered T-Storms

MonSep 8

Scattered T-Storms
71°
56°
Scattered T-Storms

No comments: