Thursday, August 9, 2018

Jackson, Wroming

Ken and I arrived in Jackson last night for a pre-event Yellowstone ride.  The ride from Jackson to Yellowstone in my opinion is one of the most beautiful rides in the United States (plus it is flat!).




Took us thirteen hours to get here from Squaw.  On the way Ken realized he left his helmet home and we had to take a slight detour in Idaho Falls to buy a helmet.  Unfortunately when we got to the hotel he had stuffed his helmet into one of his bags - so he is now the owner of two really good helmets (plus extra sunglasses).

Ken is my next door neighbor in Squaw. He bought his condo in 1997 just about the time we bought our place.  Ken worked for IBM and I was working for Amdahl and our schedules never connected together.  One day around 2014, I was riding up the Squaw Creek chairlift with a couple and we started talking.

Ken: Where do you live?  Me: I live in the Valley
Ken: Where in the Valley?  Me:Valley View Condos
Ken: What unit number?  Me: #2
Ken: Damn, I live in Unit #3
Took us 15 years to meet each other!

So here we are 21 years later riding around Yellowstone Park!  As I said we left a couple of days early so we could ride our bikes in Jackson.  We only had a short amount of time so we cranked out a 25 miles on the bike path heading to Yellowstone.  It goes right through the Teton Elk reservation (on the right and on the left you have the majestic Teton mountains.

On the way back into town we stopped to get our picture taken under the Elk Arches.


Now heading to Lander, Wy where we meet our buddies from Missouri.  Short right tomorrow and then the "official ride starts with check-in on Saturday afternoon.

For additional pictures see my post from my ride across USA ....  Click here

Jackson




1 comment:

Ken Manuele said...

It was great riding with Mike!