Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bike Ride - Day Minus 1

So everybody is starting to arrive.  Again Terry, Brian and I head out for another 30 mile warm up ride.

I could tell you how beautiful the ride was;  I could give you climbing statistics on how many feet we climbed and could give you mph or heart rate per minute.  blah, blah blah

But you all saying boring.....  There is no way you could top yesterday's dice story (I was told today by a retired English teacher than one dice is a die).

Again boring.....  do I really have to read this blog (you are asking yourself).

Well even I could not believe I have a story that could top Bobbie and the dice.

But I do!  Alison and Steve take note!!!

I went to the the front desk again for directions to the bar that I was trying to get to last night (versus Mary's Working Bar where I ended up).  Again they gave me directions and I said, "I know where this is" but in order to get there I knew I had to go past the Triangle Bar.

Mike the desk clerk said  - but do not go in the Triangle Bar!!!



So based on last night I knew where I was going.......  The Triangle Bar...

Well it seems that I walked in on a wedding that was going on at the bar.  And this really is a friendly town and I was immediately made part of the wedding party.    Let me introduce you to the groom in his finest (Steve take note)....


No lie - you got to love the shorts!!!

The details on the couple...  This was a local couple that had lived together for a while and decided that it was time to get married and to have their wedding reception at the Triangle  Bar.  This was a big deal and the local brewery donated a keg of the strawberry larger.    And for the guests (me included) - all beer was free.

No food - just beer and cake.....



It was a blast.  Here is a shot of the wedding party (best man on right in a sort of a stripped shirt; maid of honor in the red, far left).


Steve and Alison:  Forget the wine and the food.  All you need is a keg and a one layer cake.    I even think the Slot Bar at Squaw could handle this (might even be able to include a dice game or two).

Seriously this was a fun event and I felt privilege to have been included ( I did not bring a gift).  You have got to love Oregon  - friendliest people on earth. 

Here is one last picture of the happy couple....




We have one more day of "fluff riding".  Tomorrow is when we dip our wheel in the Pacific.  Monday we begin to crank the miles. Monday is when we get serious. 

No more taverns for a while.









No comments: