Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 2 The Climbs Begin

First I have added a button (to the right of this post) so that if you want an email to come to you after I post - just add your email of choice.  But I digress.

Today Stealth and I rode 76 miles with the last 30 miles uphill till we reached the base of Mount Hood.  For new readers, Stealth is my bicycle and as Tim Allen use to say " A black beauty with lots of chrome"......


We lucked out as it was supposed to rain today - but it held off - unfortunately it looks like it is coming tonight.  My bike weights less than 20 pounds but I think I must have been carrying another 20 pounds of rain gear - just in case.    Hopefully the fact that we all are "carrying" and have our rain fenders on will keep the rain away.

About 20 miles from the base of the mountain we were able to get a glimpse of "the Hood".


It was the first and last time we saw the mountain as the clouds came in.  And the climb continued.

Tomorrow is another short ride (70 miles).  It starts off with a 13 mile climb up to 4000 feet with no breaks (no flats and no downhills).  The forecast is 90 percent for rain.   We are bringing out our rain and winter gear as it is expected to dip into the 40's.

Another test of character for sure.

No comments: