Tuesday, June 25, 2013

You Can Never Have Enough Pink Flamingos!

Heading to Boise yesterday I went by the greatest lawn....



These are the real thing..  not those cheap knock-offs from Christmas Tree Shop.  Got so excited at this lawn that I missed my rude turn and ended up going a couple miles pass and had to turn around.

Today we head for Boise, leaving the fine State of Oregon (finally).  Oregon Hills - is that all you got?


And we enter Idaho where I think we spend 3 or 4 days.


Today is a quick ride (63 miles) and relatively flat again.


It's threatening to rain - so we are not dawdling today.  Post haste to Boise.  No traffic so we get to ride in a pace line.  


These pace lines can be a lot of fun - but you have to stay alert or the next thing you know you are riding up the back wheel of the person in front of you and knocking everybody over.    Again it's a short ride today - so not a lot of interesting sites to take shots of.  I think we are heading to the following ridge (it seems our rides always set up to find the highest mountain and then climb it).


In short order we arrive in Boise.  As soon as we hit the city line, I pass the first bar - only to see the "fast riders".  They probably got there 1/2 hour before me.  I slog on...  trying to beat the rain. 


Quickly I am in the center of Boise and ride past the Capital building.


Bike lanes everywhere!  Not sure where Boise rates on Bicycle Magazines "best bike friendly towns" but in my book it is number one.  Better yet, the motorists seems to respect you.  We had our "Ride Across America" bike shirts on and got a bunch of waves and horn toots.  

So today we have our first rest day.  Everybody is trying to decide that they are going to do.  Some are going to take a trolley ride around town,  A couple are planning to go to the Boise minor league baseball game.  Others are focused on finding a laundry mat.


Me,  I know where I am going as soon as I pass my hotel.  


I am craving fruits and vegetables!!!  My plan is to go into Whole Foods and just breath.  First I am going to hit the fruit and veggie section...


Then it's on to the yogurt section....


Right now i would trade my bike for a Greek yogurt!  Going to end my tour at the salad bar -where i am going to pig out....


Might just stare at some of the items for a while...


It's 12 noon as I write.  So I am signing off for the day and heading back to the salad bar.  

Tomorrow we begin our ride again.  It's supposed to be a short but tough ride.  First 25 miles uphill and on the Interstate again.  Will be another challenge.  Hopefully it will not be that hot or windy.

2 comments:

E said...

That a lawn is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Carabetta said...

expect my back lawn to look like this